CRA Direct Deposit Enrollment
Manage your Canada Revenue Agency direct deposit information through Peace Hills Trust!
Applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit or Canada Emergency Student Benefit? Sign up for direct deposit now to ensure your benefit payments arrive sooner! We can help you sign up for direct deposit or update your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
We encourage you to use direct deposit to avoid any delays and receive your payments faster.
You can receive these CRA payments through direct deposit:
- income tax refund
- Canada child benefit
- goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- Canada workers benefit
- related provincial and territorial payments
- the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- the new Canada Emergency Student Benefit
To sign up for direct deposit or update your personal details, simply login to Personal Online Banking using your computer and go to Account Services – Setup CRA Direct Deposit.
Please note, if an individual has never filed a tax return with the CRA, they are not eligible to sign up for the CRA direct deposit service through their financial institution.
- The Government of Canada has partnered with Canadian financial institutions, including Peace Hills Trust to offer Canada Revenue Canada (CRA) direct deposit enrolment online through our website.
- You can now sign up for CRA direct deposit or change your account information using Personal online banking.
- Once you provide consent through Peace Hills Trust for your banking information to be shared with the CRA, your direct deposit information will be updated the following day.
- If you aren’t already registered for the CRA’s digital services, signing up for direct deposit or changing your account information through us is easy and secure!
- Canadian taxpayers are eligible for the direct deposit enrolment service. If an individual has never filed a tax return with the CRA, they are not eligible to sign up for the CRA direct deposit service through their financial institution.
- The direct deposit service is strictly for individuals using their SIN to register. The CRA has confirmed that the that Canada Emergency Response Benefit only supports SIN-based payouts and are not applicable to loans currently being provided for small businesses with a Business Number.
- Small businesses with a Business Number will be able to update their Direct Deposit information through their CRA business portal. Payments Canada will circulate CRA’s link to ‘my business’ account where business can sign up.
- With direct deposit, you receive your tax refunds and benefit payments faster and securely, directly in your account at a Canadian financial institution, including Peace Hills Trust.
- You can also sign up for direct deposit through My Account or by using the MyCRA and MyBenefits CRA apps from your mobile device, or through your financial institution. For more information, go to canada.ca/cra-direct-deposit.
- If you file online and have direct deposit, you should receive your refund in as little as eight business days. Paper returns could take up to eight weeks.
- Direct deposit is a fast, convenient and secure way to get your CRA payments directly into your bank account at a financial institution in Canada.
- For more information and ways to enrol for direct deposit, go to canada.ca/cra-direct-deposit.
- With direct deposit, you can quickly receive payments directly into your account with a financial institution.This includes payments such as your: Income tax refund; GST/HST credit and any similar provincial and territorial payments; Canada child benefit and any similar provincial and territorial payments; and Canada workers benefi
- If you have already signed up for direct deposit with the CRA, we will use the existing bank account information for any payments you are entitled to receive.
- If you are fully registered for the CRA’s My Account, you can verify your direct deposit information through this online self-service portal
- If your payment method is direct deposit, you can expect to receive the payment within 5 business days of the scheduled payment date. If your payment method is cheque, you can expect the cheque in the mail within 10 business days. Please allow this time before contacting the CRA about your payment.
- If you submit multiple requests to update your direct deposit information, the most recent enrolment you complete will become the account on file with the CRA. Direct deposits will only be made into one account, at one financial institution.
- You can verify that a payment has been received by checking your banking statement on the account you used to sign up for direct deposit.
- Your payment amount will be deposited directly into the account.You can also confirm that the payment was sent by the CRA by logging into CRA’s My Account.
- Peace Hills Trust or the CRA will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided.
- Direct deposit helps reduce the risk of mail fraud and delays caused by a postal disruption.
In light of the COVID-19 crisis and the introduction of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit and Canada Emergency Student Benefit, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) wants to make it easier for Canadians to sign up for its direct deposit service or change their existing account information by creating an enrolment process that can be accessed through financial institutions.
We can now offer this enrolment service to you, giving you the ability to simply and securely transmit your direct deposit enrolment information to the CRA when you log onto our online banking. You will then be able to receive the following CRA payments through direct deposit: the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit, income tax refund, Canada child benefit, goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, Canada workers benefit and related provincial and territorial payments.