Ways to Pay
Convenient ways to pay and send money
Ways to Pay
Convenient ways to pay and send money
Your Peace Hills Trust debit card provides convenient 24/7 access to a range of financial services.
- Direct access to Peace Hills Trust’s range of convenient electronic financial services
- Your card provides direct access to your bank account using online and mobile banking
- Use Interac® Debit & Interac Flash® to conveniently pay for everyday purchases
- Access to cash at more than 67,000 machines displaying the Interac logo in Canada
- Access to cash worldwide at machines displaying the Cirrus® logo
Activating Your Card
If you received your new card in branch:
- Your card is ready to use. Interac Flash will be activated when you do your first PIN transaction in person at a merchant point of sale terminal.
If you received your new card and PIN in the mail:
- Activate your card by using it along with your PIN at any ATM or any retail location.Interac Flash will be activated when you do your first PIN transaction in person at a merchant point of sale terminal.
If you received a replacement card in the mail:
- Activate your card by using it along with your current PIN at any ATM or any retail location.Interac Flash will be activated when you do your first PIN transaction in person at a merchant point of sale terminal.
Banking at Your Convenience
These service options allow you to manage your finances 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from wherever you happen to be.Use your card to get cash, transfer funds or pay bills at any Peace Hills Trust ATM.
- Use your card to get cash at any ATM displaying the Interac logo anywhere in Canada. When traveling outside of Canada, look for ATMs displaying the Cirrus® logo.Interac Debit is like paying with cash, only more secure.
- Use your card to pay for goods and services directly from your selected account.
- Interac Debit is available at over 500,000 merchant locations across Canada.
- Interac Flash allows you to pay for small everyday purchases under $100 quickly, securely and conveniently by simply holding your card in front of the reader at checkout.
- Online financial services provide a safe, secure, and easy way to manage your finances wherever you are, whenever you want - 24 hours a day, 7 days week.
- Our Mobile App puts fast and secure everyday access to your accounts in your hand - wherever and whenever it suits you - from your mobile phone or tablet. More details.
- Interac e-Transfer is a convenient way to send and receive money using Online Services or our Mobile App. You can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and an account in Canada — without sharing any personal financial information. If you receive an Interac e-Transfer simply login to Online Services or our Mobile App and deposit your money. More details.
- Telephone services are an easy way to check your balance, transfer funds or pay bills from your touch-tone phone.
Make everyday purchases with Interac Flash
Interac Flash is a quick and easy way to pay for small everyday purchases up to $100 quickly and securely without entering your PIN. Just hold your card in front of the reader at checkout!
What are the spending limits for Interac Flash?
Are contactless debit cards safe?
Can someone other than me use my debit card and the Interac Flash feature to make multiple Interac Flash purchases that I do not authorize?
Your Peace Hills Trust debit card gives you secure access to your Peace Hills Trust bank accounts. No one can access your accounts without your unique Peace Hills Trust debit card number and your confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN). You also play an important role in protecting yourself from fraud.
Interac Zero Liability Policy
Protect Your PIN
Using Your Debit Card
Whether you owe a friend for pizza, need to pay your rent or someone owes you money we've got you covered with Interac e-Transfer.
It's easy. All you need to send or receive money is the recipient's email address or mobile phone number. When you register for Autodeposit, any transfers sent to you will be automatically deposited into your pre-selected bank account.
It's convenient. Send or request money anytime using online banking or the Peace Hills Trust mobile app. Receive notifications by email address or by text message.
It's safe. When you send money using Interac e-Transfer, the money is transferred using established and secure banking systems. Money never travels by email or text – these methods are used to notify you that money has been sent or requested with instructions to deposit it.
Send and Receive Money
Send money to anybody with an account at any Canadian financial institution – all you need is their email address or mobile number.
To send an Interac e-Transfer from Online Banking:
- Login to Online Banking.Create a profile, if you have not already done so.
- Select Send Interac e-Transfer under Transfer.
- Select a Recipient and choose email and/or text message.
Follow the instructions on the page.
Receive an Interac e-Transfer by email or SMS text message. To deposit the money, select the link in the email or text message notification you receive from Interac and the follow the instructions to login and deposit your money.
Autodeposit – the easy way to receive money
- You can get your money even faster with Autodeposit. Use online banking or the Peace Hills Trust mobile app to register your email address and preferred bank account.
- You will receive notification via email and/or text message when an Autodeposit has occurred.
- Autodeposit is free.
- For more information about AutoDeposit see e-Transfer FAQ.
Request Money –helps you collect money you are owed
- Does your friend owe you for dinner? Request Money makes it easier for friends and family to send you the money they owe you.
- Recipients will get a “Request Money” notification through email or text message and can fulfill the request though their own Canadian financial institution using Interac e-Transfer.
- If the recipient accepts your request then you are notified once the money is deposited directly into your Peace Hills Trust bank account.
- If you receive a request for money notification verify that you know the sender and following the instructions in the notification to login to online banking or the Peace Hills Trust mobile app to fulfill the request.
- The maximum daily request amount is $3,000 (weekly and monthly limits also apply).
- Request Money is free.
- For more information about Request Money see e-Transfer FAQ.
Frequently Ask Questions
How much does it cost?
How much can I send using Interac e-Transfer?
How do I cancel an e-Transfer and deposit the money back into my bank account?
How long does it take to receive the money?
How do I know when the e-Transfer I sent has been successfully received and deposited?
How will I be notified if a request for money is sent to me?
Can money requests be used by fraudsters for phishing?
How do I fulfill an Interac e-Transfer request for money?
Can I decline a request for money?
Can I block a requestor from requesting funds from me or opt-out out of the Request Money feature?
Interac®, Interac Flash® and the Interac logo are trademarks of Interac Corp. Used under license.